Sunday, October 25, 2009

Violating the Honor Code

As imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I have decided to take a page from the Navah Kogen playbook and list seven awesome things about this weekend. Here goes:

1) Guacamole.
Whenever my parents collaborate on guacamole, there is inevitably an argument about whether to mush the avocado with a fork or a spoon and just how much lime juice is too much. And yet, it always tastes just right. So yummy.
And, to those to whom this means something, I didn't pass out from a "guac" overdose this time. Thank God.

2) "White Collar".
USA's newest series is not quite "Burn Notice" -- yet. But, sexy criminal Neal Caffrey has the potential to reach Michael Westen's level of sleek. Thanks to the miracles of DVR, I was able to watch this Friday night show just moments after Shabbat was over. Best Melave Malka I've had in some time...

3) Jared and Ivanka's Sunday Styles wedding announcement.
I keep imagining The Donald with a little beard and Rabbi Lookstein with The Donald's hair. It's opportunities like this that make me wish I knew how to use Photoshop.

4) Zaidie's Onion Rolls.
If I'm gonna cheat on the diet, it's gonna be with something gooooood...

5) Not so discreetly watching people on shidduch dates in Starbucks.
I can't help it if your "love" life is more interesting than my Civ Pro outline, can I?

6) The mad proliferation of the word "Gleek".
Because dork misery loves company.

7) The overlap of baseball and football.
The months of September and October are generally my most unproductive, but they sure do rock!

Much Love, Y

6 comments:

  1. guac overdose! and meat and mountainclimbing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bsa is such a good commenter.

    also- e and i have this plan of pretending to be on a first date, and ask wildly inappropriate questions like "shaindy told you i had a meth problem, right?" or "how long should our kids' peyos be?" we'll do it in a starbucks near you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bsa is such a good commenter? then how come you never comment me, bex?

    ...yalla, become a follower on sevendailyreasons asap. seffi and i are racing to 20, and b'H (and becky) i'm about to win!

    p.s. love your seven, shteins. you can violate my honor code anytime (umm...i mean...).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving all this blogging! All these new editions to my procrastination routine...keep blogging and you just might just bump Onlysimchas out of the line up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed out loud at 12:30 last night visualizing #3 - and kept smiling all day today everytime I thought of it again. Thanks for bringing a wonderful note of levity to my day. Navah's Mom

    ReplyDelete