Thursday, October 8, 2009

Gleefully Yours...

Today's question: Does tweeting make you a twit?

This is something I've begun to contemplate lately as I've realized that law school is much more conducive to micro-blogging than logging hours coming up with the witty paragraphs I had intended on posting here. Besides, wouldn't Twitter be the perfect forum for my, now legendary, inappropriate non-sequiturs? Tell me you don't believe that "R--e is an onomatopoeia!" would have rattled the Twitosphere! So, to tweet or not to tweet? That remains the question, thus for now I leave the Shakespearean self-contemplation to Jude Law and seek equitable resolution by maintaining the status quo. (Wow, a pop culture nod and law school joke in one sentence. I am a tremendous dork.)

Speaking of Jude Law, the CUArts discount tickets to Hamlet are already gone. What a bummer. There is nothing I can imagine to be more exhilarating that watching a mediocre movie actor wax poetic in the greatest Danish tragedy of our or any other time. Was that too harsh? Listen, Ben Brantley called Law's performance "semaphore" and I don't even know what that means. So, who's the greater villain here? But to be honest, I would have liked to see Hamlet and I'm sure that tickets will be hard to come by. Why? 1) Sitting through Hamlet is intellectual snobbery in its purest form. 2) Talking about sitting through Hamlet is even better. 3) I'm a sucker for celebrities onstage. (Why else would I be tracking down a ticket for Bye Bye Birdie? John Stamos was Uncle Jesse for crying out loud!) Since I've gotten to law school and realized that I am significantly less accomplished than many of my classmates, opportunities for intellectual snobbery are few and far between. I'll have to get my kicks where I can.

Realization: I don't need Twitter. Writing that last paragraph alone makes me a twit.
But, lucky for you, I am leaving it here so that you, NK- my one and only reader, are able to get a glimpse at the sick and twisted machinations of my self-absorbed mind.

So, to get back to what I had originally intended on writing about -- Glee.
Has anyone else seen this dreadfully bad/sinfully good show? The plot points are awful but the singing (or lip-synching, who are we kidding?) is delightful. Mr. Schuester is adorably sweet and I can't wait for him to betray his good guy morality and get it on with OCD Emma. As for Emma, she refuses to be touched by Ken but would surely eschew her "shmirat negiah" for a rendezvous with the dreamy Will. Sound familiar? (Cough, Yavneh, cough.) Well, it's the only thing about Glee that rings true. Well, that and the drama. Drama, drama, drama. Can't people sing without it? In my own experience, I'm gonna go with no. Unless that whole Piz-cest thing was just a figment of my imagination...

Have a good night and a pleasant tomorrow.
xoxo Y

2 comments:

  1. Delicious Steinerisms AND a shout-out? I'll take it.

    P.S. Did you steal my layout?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yael- pizcest, must you go there!?

    Love the blog and miss you!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete