Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Instant Karma

Admittedly, I have been remiss in posting over the past few days. But, who has time to blog when they are consistently being harassed by the unemployed people who hand out Bill Thompson leaflets at the entrance to the 96th Street station?

Yes, I am glad that this election season is behind us. Attack ads are downers. I'd much rather be watching a deliciously tasteless Billy Mays impersonator hawk Bud Light. While I do give Bloomberg props for clarifying that "you don't get a medal for rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic," I've had quite enough. These campaigns are becoming more and more cloying and less and less entertaining. Despite my disillusionment, I did indeed take up my civic duty and vote. Lest you speculate about my political proclivities, be warned. I'm mightily unpredictable. My choice of candidates might surprise you. Though probably not.

In the great non-partisan wash of time that has passed since I last posted, our dear friend Jay-seph has started a blog of his very own: http://thelottojackassis.blogspot.com. I encourage you to give it a look -- if only to contemplate the ingenuity of the concept. One man, thirty days, sixty lottery tickets, endless possibilities. Time and money (well?) spent.

Speaking of the lottery, there is a dangerous gang of outlaws on the loose desperately trying to shut down state lotteries. These people argue that state lotteries systematically prey on the poor by selling them on the unlikely prospect of a better life. Sounds about right. But, if they didn't squander their earnings on lottery tickets, they'd probably just buy drugs, right?

Ouch. That was way harsh.

In the "Clueless" vein, could anyone have predicted that the men from that movie would go on to relatively fruitful careers while the women would have fizzled and, in the case of Stacey Dash (Dionne), possibly died? (Seriously, has she been in a project since?) (No, the "Clueless" TV show doesn't count.) Jeremy Sisto (Elton) is maintaining "Law and Order," Donald Faison (Turk) and "Scrubs" practically invented Bro-mance, and Paul Rudd is Paul Rudd. If you name any successful project that either Alicia or Brittany Murphy has had in the past five years, I'll give you a prize. It will probably be a small prize, but a prize nonetheless.

And with that, I bid you adieu. I have mounds of work to do...which means I'll probably just end up watching Hulu. Oh, well. More grist for the mill.

"I'm Audi" - Y

4 comments:

  1. Motek,
    Turk is a character on Scrubs...in "Clueless," Donald Faison played Murray.

    Also, Wikipedia has taught me that Stacey Dash is 43. Thus, she was 29 when she played 16-year-old Dionne. That was never going to end well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the same 5 commercials on this World Series...but come on, you're saying you don't want a Tailgate Companion this holiday season?! "Now when I want ketchup on my dog, I just call my dog. Thanks, dog."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy Dash is hot. She will still be hot at 65.
    ps hi Eric

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is very important to note that I have already won $30 and I'm only a week in.

    http://thelottojackassis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete